- Creativity is working with constraints (Padlet)
- The American Dream sketchnote template to organize your thoughts
- Defining the American Dream (video)
- Oprah and the American Dream (text)
- Whose dream is it anyway? (video)
- Race and the American Dream (text in German)
- The new American Dream (TED talk)
- Is the American Dream dead? (text)
- “The American Dream is back” (text)
- Monday: personal syllabus lesson
- Check out news about the American constitutional crisis (in English / in German)
- USA – political system TASK
- USA – political system 1 (student Padlet)
- USA – political system 2 (student Padlet)
- USA – political system 3 (student Padlet)
- Globalisation in theory: “The five gas stations of the world“
- Globalisation in practise: “Conflict minerals, rebels, and child soldiers in Congo“
- Personal learning sets from the class test (Padlet)
- First World Problems (video)
- Text-based composition:
“If two people cut their meat in half it helps as much as one person going completely vegetarian.”
Explain the quotation in relation to the text and give further examples of how changing our consumption patterns could make a positive impact in our world.
- Learn about the food of tomorrow (Padlet)
- Listen to our new podcast “WE KNOW WHAT WE DID LAST LESSON” on Spotify, or via RSS on any other podcasting app.
- Deepen your knowledge about ethical shopping on these learning paths.
- You are what you eat, aren’t you?
- Download the Keynote template “social media profile“
- Learn about a zero-waste lifestyle here.
- Read this interview with a local woman who lives a zero-waste lifestyle. Turn the interview into a 200-word newspaper article IN ENGLISH. Upload your article here (Padlet) for feedback.
- Find the important lesson vocab on Quizlet.
- How to make a podcast
- Can fashion ever be sustainable?
- Reading comprehension / Leserverstehen im Abi:
– Du musst 10 englische Aussagen über den Text auf ihre Richtigkeit überprüfen.
– Die Reihenfolge der Aussagen entspricht der Chronologie des Textes.
– Die jeweilige Entscheidung, ob die Aussagen richtig oder falsch sind, ist mit einem Textzitat zu belegen (Anführungszeichen!).
– Das Zitat muss sich auf inhaltlich relevante Teile der Textstelle beschränken.
– Es dürfen keine ganzen Abschnitte zitiert werden!
– Genaue Zeilenangabe machen!
– Auslassungen nicht relevanter Textstellen mit drei Punkten in eckiger Klammer kenntlich machen!
– Klaren Bezug zur Aussage herstellen!
– Es gibt nur ganze Verrechnungspunkte!
- Upload your tasks sets and answer keys here.
1. Use this NPR web-app to learn about how t-shirts are made.
2. Have a conversation with a partner about what you’ve learned.
3. Make an audio recording of your conversation and upload it to this Padlet.
- Black Mirror
- class test: video composition
- Activism: Greta Thunberg
- Monday: personal syllabus lesson (add. online exercises)
- class test: pro/con composition
- Learn about the greenhouse effect in this funny video.
- Explain the greenhouse effect in your own words using the cause-and-effect language patterns in the worksheet. Write about 80 words.
- Partner work: Explain it again (this time without memory aids) while drawing up a sketchnote to support your explanation.
- Stuff to help you: a vocab list on Quizlet, a short video called „climate change 101“.
- Energy sources – an overview
- Friday: personal syllabus lesson
- wind energy – pros and cons
- Not in my backyard – cartoon
- calculate your environmental footprint here.
- Revise the most important topical vocab.
- Nuclear energy – how it works
- The pros and cons of nuclear energy – an exercise in composition writing
- Still have time? Revise the important vocab on Quizlet.
- Your video compositions about nuclear energy
- Mars One I – activities, text, links
- Mars One II – more activities and links
- Leistung, Noten, Gewichtung
- Mündliche Noten – Selbsteinschätzung
TOPIC 1: “My Generation”
- Here you’ll find your Quizlet vocab sets.
- BlakeS about minimalism
- A trailer for “Minimalism – a Documentary” – you can watch the whole film on Netflix!
- My recommendation for an online-dictionary: https://de.pons.com/
- Writing tools (Padlet)
- How to write a paragraph: exercises
- Procrastination is…
- Composition exercise procrastination worksheet
- Tips for avoiding procrastination
- How to write a pro/con-composition:
- Class test: writing a composition
Choose ONE of the following tasks.
1. Discuss benefits and downsides of being allowed to have digital devices at school.
2. With apps like The Simple Club and YouTube channels like Kahn Academy, do we really still need to go to school?
- Having fun with poetry (Padlet)
- Composition writing – assessment
TOPIC 2: “The Media”
- A personal syllabus (Padlet)
- Face it, don’t facebook it
- How to write a text-based composition:
- Working on your personal syllabus
- Who is to blame? Discussing the role of games and guns in school shootings (Padlet)
- Read up on the topic for your personal syllabus here
- Mass surveillance(Padlet)
“A growing number are waking up in the middle of the night” – Explain the quotation in relation to the text and give further examples of the challenges teenagers are facing today because of social media.”
- Example text – possible solution
TOPIC 3: “Regions and Cities”
- School trip project
1. Turn the information in the text into an infographic.
2. Add an audio commentary to explain your graphic in your own words.
3. Upload both to our share-server.
- Introducing TED talks (Padlet)