- class test: pro/con composition
- Learn about the greenhouse effect in this funny video.
- Explain the greenhouse effect in your own words using the cause-and-effect language patterns in the worksheet. Write about 80 words.
- Partner work: Explain it again (this time without memory aids) while drawing up a sketchnote to support your explanation.
- Stuff to help you: a vocab list on Quizlet, a short video called „climate change 101“.
- Energy sources – an overview
- Friday: personal syllabus lesson
- Nuclear energy – how it works
- The pros and cons of nuclear energy – an exercise in composition writing
- Still have time? Revise the important vocab on Quizlet.
- Mars One I – activities, text, links
- Mars One II – more activities and links
TOPIC 1: “My Generation”
- Here you’ll find your Quizlet vocab sets.
- BlakeS about minimalism
- A trailer for “Minimalism – a Documentary” – you can watch the whole film on Netflix!
- My recommendation for an online-dictionary: https://de.pons.com/
- Writing tools (Padlet)
- How to write a paragraph: exercises
- Procrastination is…
- Composition exercise procrastination worksheet
- Tips for avoiding procrastination
- How to write a pro/con-composition:
- Class test: writing a composition
Choose ONE of the following tasks.
1. Discuss benefits and downsides of being allowed to have digital devices at school.
2. With apps like The Simple Club and YouTube channels like Kahn Academy, do we really still need to go to school?
- Having fun with poetry (Padlet)
- Composition writing – assessment
TOPIC 2: “The Media”
- A personal syllabus (Padlet)
- Face it, don’t facebook it
- How to write a text-based composition:
- Working on your personal syllabus
- Who is to blame? Discussing the role of games and guns in school shootings (Padlet)
- Read up on the topic for your personal syllabus here
- Mass surveillance(Padlet)
“A growing number are waking up in the middle of the night” – Explain the quotation in relation to the text and give further examples of the challenges teenagers are facing today because of social media.”
- Example text – possible solution
TOPIC 3: “Regions and Cities”
- School trip project
1. Turn the information in the text into an infographic.
2. Add an audio commentary to explain your graphic in your own words.
3. Upload both to our share-server.
- Introducing TED talks (Padlet)